Members-Only Area (+ Friends)

Posts from the mods or the MiGO Board of Directors.

Members-Only Area (+ Friends)

Postby Jackalgirl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:03 pm

You may not be aware, but there is a Members-Only area of the Forum!

If you've registered and would like access, just send a message to migoadmn@misawageocachers.org -- let us know your Forum nickname.

There are two levels of membership: Friends and full Members. We prefer that full Members be persons stationed, living, or working in the Misawa area (or geocachers who regularly visit). Friends are folks interested in MiGO's activities but who (because they are not local) do not have voting privileges and cannot hold office*.

*Which would be difficult, as you have to be physically present to vote.

If you're interested in being a Friend of MiGO, just go to the User Control Panel (you should see the link in the upper left-hand side of the page), then click on "Groups", and you can then select the "Friends of MiGO" group and request membership.

If you're interested in being a full Member, please send an email to migoadmn@misawageocachers.org and let us know your Forum nickname. When you send in your email, let us know roughly where you are (e.g., "I'm stationed in Misawa" or "I live in Aomori but come to the Misawa area often to geocache"). Also, let us know if you'd like to be on the newsletter/announcement mailing list (and if you want that data to go to a different email than the one with which you registered, let us know what it us). We'll get you set up with access to the Members-Only area, and, if you've requested it, put you on the mailing list.

Cache on!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
-- Japanese Proverb
www.grafikato.com
my geocaching.com profile page
Jackalgirl
Ping Jockey

Return to Announcements